Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 6

Well here we are 6 days into the cruise and I have performed twice or three times if you include the same show second time. First show was a struggle or not actually a struggle but a challenge. You grow from these experiences how ever ;long you have been performing.The Germans came in and then left throughout the show until there were just a few remaining. I had anticipated this but why come in at the start when they were told it was an English Comedian/Magician and the act would be in English. Never mind it is done. Today I performed Close Up Magic in the main lounge, which was a success. Intimate but lots of applause and laughter. I do enjoy the Close Up and the unrehearsed banter. Then afterwards the bar gave me a drink on them, an Irish Coffee, they actually paid for me as they like me. I was very touched.

The seas are rough today so it has been hard keeping up right and the motion has got to a few passengers and crew. I got up and then after an hour laid down again as it makes you very tired. My body obviously needed it as I slept for another 45 minutes. We now have another four days after this at sea, before hitting Antigua. Wish me luck on bumpy seas with a slowly warming audience. I think I am going to be asked to perform a magic workshop on one day so I will keep you posted. Can not seem to work up a real appetite on these seas but I can not last till morning on nothing at all. At least with the bumpy seas we have warm weather, which is probably not the case in the UK right now. Until next time………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment