Monday, July 20, 2009

Barmy Army

No it's not Afghanistan or Iraq it's Lords. We beat the Aussies in the second test. 75 years to wait but we did it. How can so much be made of it. I know the Aussies and cricket are a red rag to a Bull but come on.....get a grip. Second test of five and the Ashes has only just started. Calm down missus. There's so long to go.

We have friends over for dinner today and my daughter has a job interview. I really hope she goes well in the interview...Good Luck Pops!!

Being a Monday I wondered if the week would start with renewed vigour and optimism and do you know what? I think there is an air about it. Can not put my finger on it but I think chasing things this week might just bring positive results. I hope my bank manager is Reading this blog!!!!!!!!! Perhaps the thought of positive outcomes will be enough for now? Planted some leeks this morning, no I did not go around making holes in water butts or pipes, I mean the vegetable.

Peculiar things to plant. You take a pencil or similar sized tool and make a hole in the earth. Then you snip the roots and trim the top of the plant and just place it in the hole. The water and subsequent time and nature fills the hole and allows the plant to grow. We had a few last year and they were very nice if a little small. This year we hope for bigger..........leeks that is!!

This morning at 6.00am I was letting the chickens out and there was the most beautiful blue sky and an early morning dampness all over the field. It was a gorgeous sight and on mornings like that there is no better place than the English Countryside. Well this is all for now but I may be back after the meal so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment