Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Drains

Well I started the day with a show for a pre-school, which I have been a regular performer at for it must be 7/8 years. The children at 3/4 years old are sometimes totally believing of magic. It is wonderful to watch them look in amazement when magic happens, then they get older that belief becomes scepticism, which in turn leads to total disbelief and a game of catch the magician out, which lasts into adulthood.

I love to amaze as well as entertain and make people laugh and the audience that enjoys the spectacle and the entertainment are just wonderful. It is the audience that feels they have a right to mock or try to get one over on the performer that makes the job unbearable sometimes. Still that is also part of the challenge. I have been very fortunate over the years as a professonal to have wroked to audiences all over the world and in that time received truly fanatstic ovations in all languages. I have also received less favourable ovations in all languages as well but we won't dwell on those!!

Why the title drains then. Well I have spent the last hour with our neighbour trying to help unblock her drains. We used my rods and her mans rods and between us managed to clear it so that the water runs away enough. Dirty, smelly, coverd in sludge but she is a good neighbour!!!!!!!!! Don't tell her I said that!!

So where is the link to drains in my opening diatribe. Well, audiences who want to make it a challenge are the drain on my time and skills and the sludge that slows the entertainment from flowing freely. Thankfully it is a small minority so long may the world of magic and entertainment continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment