Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stuff

I don't know that weekends are any different to week days in present times. Shops remain open and people work as if it were a normal day. Sad, because the pace of life is frenetic enough and weekends should be a time to chill, family days.

I know times are tough and we are all suffering the consequences of a world recession and a labour government but if weekends were declared days of rest then perhaps we could take a breath and try to relax. Pie in the sky maybe but I really think we all need time to take our minds from things. When times were good I would never have a weekend as I was always working Saturdays and Sundays but as things have taken a grip I find Saturdays or Sundays become free and yet all around me still feels like a working weekday!!

I know that is a contradiction in terms saying on the one hand take weekends as time off, when I was and still do work them as well but being self employed I used to take days in the week as my weekends. This meant I was still trying to employ the ideal of relaxing even if it was not a Saturday or Sunday. I also know that every penny counts at the moment but if all we do is push and push then life will be shorter and the quality of this short life non-existent.

I, like every one, hopes that the recession stars to turn and we can all start to get back on an even keel but until it does let's try to make everyday count and make it count not just by working but as a chance to get some of that quality back in to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment