Saturday, August 8, 2009

22


Well, the weather finally came good on Claire's birthday for once. 9 friends from Uni came down to spend the afternoon and 5 are staying over. We have cooked on the BBQ for the first time in two years, well certainly since we have been at the Farm anyway.

I don't think I had any parties for my 22nd. In fact I was married when I was 22. Blimey, how times change.

All she needs now is a job. Fingers crossed for the future.

Our friends picked up their Motor Home today and are off for the weekend on it's maiden journey in the New Forest. I hope they have a good time. I am not sure that travelling around in a motor home is my cup of tea but each to their own. I do look forward to spending some time with them though. It might grow on me. The freedom sounds nice so that is certainly one large thing in it's favour.

I spend a lot of time travelling the world on cruise ships and so the aspect of seeing new places is definitely something to get excited about. The difference is that I get taken and the thought that I would have to drive myself is what really puts me off. Then again, I should try before I dismiss it. Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment