Sunday, August 30, 2009

Picnic


Well today we were supposed to be having a picnic in the Park with friends but as it was a bank holiday Sunday the weather was typically cold and damp. So we ended up indoors for an impromptu lunch which as it turned out was very pleasant indeed. There is a theory I heard or read or both that we are in the throws of global warming.............well looking out of the window and counting the number of goose bumps on me I would say it is still some way off. Tonight when I went outside to lock the chickens up, in shorts and casual shirt, which was odd for chickens I thought, it was cold and damp and dark at 8.30pm, it felt very Autumn like.
The sad thing is that this is the last Bank Holiday of the year. No more freebies until Christmas. At least we can have some nuts then. I hate nuts, well not all nuts, mainly Walnuts. I don't know why I mention this but it came to me thinking of Christmas. In a few days time it will be September, ninth months of the year, my birthday on Sunday next by the way. Send a card if you wish! Nine months and three left to Christmas.2009 is going so fast, when we look back what we will think about it? I will look back on the last day and reflect then, until that day, onwards and upwards. The sky is the limit...........the world is my lobster or something like that.
A last thought for Sunday, I read in the Mail on Sunday that on the 7th September, day after my birthday, there is a new book being published by a chap called Dr. Robert Holden, entitled, Be Happy. He is a psychologist and has riten this book on the "path to a contented existence" I give you one line from the exert they published, and I quote, (You Magazine, Mail On Sunday)
Want to if you're really happy? Ask, "How happy am I today!"
Think about it and give me your thoughts......... BFN

No comments:

Post a Comment