Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yorkshire Day


Well I have just had a great two day in Yorkshire experiencing Yorkshire Hospitality and good humour.

I was a little anxious about a Southerner going up north to entertain the cloth cap brigade but I need not have worried. My Hosts, Peter and Pat were just perfect and their good friends and past acquaintances of mine, Janine and Phillip were lovely. They are great people and I can not wait to see them again, either here or on a cruise.

The function itself was a fantastic success and I think raised around £2000 for charities. the Calender Girls were hilarious telling stories of the formation of the group and the amazing life that has come from it amid a tragic core. Angela was a true professional speaker now having presented at countless dinners etc around the country and indeed the world. Good on you girls, over £2000,000 raised so far and more to come.

As for my magic and comedy cabaret well I received one of the best reactions ever. The Yorkshire folk love a laugh and it was a real buzz to get 173 people roaring with laughter. The best thing about their humour is their ability to laugh at almost anything and that is a special gift in life, especially in current times. All in all it was a very successful event for everyone, well done to Wetherby Rotary and it's committee I hope the total rises before the end.

The journey to and fro was the only downside. Why is Yorkshire so far away? Over 5 hours going up but 4 hours 30 coming back. Well it's down hill coming back so slightly quicker. The M1 is the longest, most boring, slowest road in England, surely. You can not relax with idiots left and right and behind and in front. I could hardly concentrate on my crossword and Suduko!!!!!!!!

Well I am off now to perform at a christening aving been nhome for two hours. I am looking froward to sleep tonight but not before some more blog me thinks...........

No comments:

Post a Comment