Thursday, August 20, 2009

WWW.


WWW. stands for, Where was Wednesday? My last post was the 17th August, which as I look at my watch tells me it was 3 days ago. Well I can account for the 18th as I was busy around the Farm then in the evening I started putting a new web building programme onto the computers, which inevitably lead to trying it out. Well that meant sitting in front of the computer until 1.30am in the morning because you get caught in the World Wide Time Warp. Then Wednesday once again sitting all day in front of the computer trying to get to grips with the programme and starting to build my new website. Website by the way is one word not two, please spell checkers get a grip!!!!!!! So where was Wednesday? One of the hottest days of the year, blue sky, sun, a gorgeous late summers day. Apparently??
The computer is the worst sponge for time and place and moment. It is all too easy to get sucked in to it's bewitching spell and grip. I don't know what it is but it is so mind concentrating yet so easy on the eye in as much that you watch the screen, which you are constantly in control of, changing it's appearance with story or picture or movie or something and almost hypnotising yourself away from real time. After a whole day at the computer we were treated by our good friends Steve and Linda, those of the "Last Cruise," fame to a meal and a few pints of the beautiful Harvey's bitter in the lovely Halfway House Pub, in the evening. Thanks guys, real life savers.XX
Today, was a put a new cooker handle on the cooker in our property in Guildford and then two shows at the fabulous Fishers Farm. 104 miles round trip. Now I am back at the computer after Claire and I have changed the position of the chickens' run and feeding the piggies. At least today I saw the outside world. It still exists, warts and all. As for the new website, it is still in the making but getting close to a finished first crack. I will upload it and I will be making it better but I will also be happy when it is over...........!!!!!!!!!
In past blogs I have moaned about the slow work front and I was looking for the opening to get the ball rolling. Well the opening arrived. I am going to put a new outside door and frame in my mothers bungalow, building it from scratch due to the size. That certainly is an openng but to be honest not what I had in mind!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment