Friday, August 7, 2009

August Rain


I decided to write an early blog as it is 11.oo am and raining!! Have a lot to do around the garden and farm but the weather is doing it's best to stop it or slow it down. I don't mind getting wet but it is not pleasant and besides that, the tools get ruined. If any one in the States is reading this then please can you send us some of your daylight savings as we could add it to August and perhaps get a little time to do the bits we are being forced to put off!!!

I did not mention yesterday about the lose of our last surviving WW1 soldier. 111 years old. As an age that is remarkable let alone what he fought through and survived. It has got me thinking, do I want to live to be 100. Answer as I sit here looking out at the rain, not much work in the diary, the phone not ringing despite being proactive, NO. If I think what Harry saw in his lifetime. Cars, television, electricity, computers, space, to mention just a few, will I see this the amount of invention and change that he did. It seems not but at my tender age of 47 I have seen man land on the moon, computers become an everyday household necessity, mobile telephones, jet planes, alternative energy, cures for illness's, medical advancement such as Heart Transplants and other organs again to name a few. These things I think we all take for granted, the common factor still remains however. We are making weapons with which to kill each other or destroy whole countries and ultimately the world. Is that progress???

No comments:

Post a Comment